Thursday, February 17, 2011

Tragic and tender and brutal and funny

Those are the words in which this reviewer describes my last book. Am very flattered. Actually, I'm halfway over the moon. And I promise to work hard at my writing so that every book is tragic, tender, brutal and funny.

And for those who possess those things, Known Turf: Bantering with Bandits and Other True Tales is also available on Kindle now, which means it will not be so insanely expensive for those who are abroad and gazing longingly at the book cover (insert self-deprecating but still hopeful roll of eyes here) on Amazon.

2 comments:

gaddeswarup said...

I thought that some of the essays were great. But the book (to my untrained eye) was uneven. A table of contents with brief descriptions might have been useful. My reactions in which I copied another blogger's comments is here:
http://gaddeswarup.blogspot.com/2010/09/back-from-india-with-some-books.html

annie said...

thanks for the feedback. the lack of a table of contents was an oversight. a big one, but it will get corrected in the reprint.

Tweets by @anniezaidi